Maybe it's a bit childish, but I still enjoy playing video games. We've owned a Nintendo Wii for a year and it's by far the best video game system I've ever played. One of my favorite games to play on the Wii is MarioKart. It suits my short attention span and it doesn't take long to figure out. You just drive faster than everyone else. Each race only last about 3 minutes, which is perfect for me because that's exactly how long my kids can go without misbehaving.
The problem I have with MarioKart is it's blatant socialist agenda. Ok, so maybe it's not obvious to everyone so I'll explain. While playing the game you run into floating boxes that give you some type of power. Some make you invincible for 10-15 seconds, some give you a speed burst, some give you banana peels to throw at other drivers and makes them spin out. I wouldn't have a problem with the game if the powers were completely random. You see, the farther behind you are the better power you get. Likewise, if you're way ahead you don't get crap for special powers. When you're stinking it up, you often get a power that turns you into a bullet. For 15 seconds you go 3 times faster than anyone and you don't even have to steer. The socialist developers of MarioKart want to insure that no matter how bad you are at the game, you always have a chance to win. Whatever happened to sucking at a game and getting beaten like a rented mule every time you play? Sure, it's not as fun to always lose, but we're a competitive, capitalist society and that's how we roll.
Cy-Hawk Football Extended
7 years ago
3 comments:
I have been waiting for over two weeks for another GREAT DJ Funnypage and all I get is a political editorial about Nintendo WII Mariocart? Come on Dennis you are better than that! :)
If you liked that, you're in for a treat. I've got a couple posts in mind involving Readers Digest and Tupperware. I'm targeting the over 80 crowd.
The world needs ditchdiggers to.
I like that you are going for the "blog" demographic in you future posts. Keep up the good work
Post a Comment