Sarah’s (the wife) favorite past-time is shopping, so that was the first order of business. We met up with Jennifer and Cheryl to get lunch and split up. We ate at the Tennessee Brewery something-something for lunch. We split the largest calzone I’ve ever seen and decided I would take the girls to the Tale of Desperaux while the womenfolk took Zach and Lydia shopping. I told Zach to stay strong and don’t fight it. Shopping trips are inevitable, just find your happy place.
The movie was better than average. It was watchable, which is more than I can say for a lot of kids films (see: Hufalump or anything with High School Musical in the title). The glrls both had $10 of their own money to spend, so I took them to a couple stores. They couldn’t decide on anything so they left empty-handed. I bought Zach a University of Tennessee football. I figure he deserved it for taking one for the team. We hung out in the library (also known as Borders) before heading back to the condo late that afternoon.
We settled on Litton’s for dinner that night. It’s a local favorite (it has to be good, Peyton Manning’s picture is on the wall) and it didn’t disappoint us. Litton’s offers huge portions of reasonably priced food. The atmosphere is a bit unusual as it becomes abundantly obvious that the restaurant has been expanded several times. The expansions appear haphazard as the décor, flooring, funishings, etc. don’t match from one room to the next. The waitstaff is great and if you’re going to Litton’s, save room for desert. You’ll be glad you did.
After stuffing our faces we retired to the condo and got ready for our next adventure, a day at the zoo.
Cy-Hawk Football Extended
7 years ago
1 comment:
Finally, we made it into the blog! ;-)
Post a Comment