At the risk of alienating the 4 people that occasionally follow this blog, I'm going to take some away from poop jokes and talk about Tupperware. When I was growing up, Tupperware was all the rage. It had a funny design on the lid and when you pushed on the center it sealed with a satisfying burp. It cost a little more, but it had a lifetime warranty and that's all it takes to sell my mother.
Recently, my wife determined we needed some Tupperware. She was looking for some huge storage bowls, something in the range of 85 quarts. She had no problem finding something to meet her needs as Tupperware specializes in over-sized storage containers. When she bought the 562 piece set she's always been looking for, the Tupperware lady told her she may need to heat the lids to get them to fit the first time. Personally, this would have been a red flag. The effing lids should fit right out of the box. It wasn't a red flag for her, she happily forked over close to $15,000 (but they're guaranteed for LIFE!!) and eagerly awaited their arrival.
The bowls arrived and my wife immediately put a bowl the size of a garbage can to work. We have something green and leafy (I think it's called salad?) at almost every meal. She decided we could use the huge bowl to hold a couple bags of salad and it would keep fresh for several days. And sure enough, the first time the lid didn't fit. I ran it under hot water for a couple minutes and managed to force it on. The next time I went to put away the salad, the lid didn't fit. Or the next time. Or the next time. I've now used several thousand gallons of hot water and multiple obscenities to temporarily stretch this damn lid. But at least I'm not letting it get to me.
I'll try to get back to my normal inane babble soon. That is, assuming I can get the salad put away.
Cy-Hawk Football Extended
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment