One of my favorite sites, collegefootballnews.com, released their All-Conference and All-American teams recently. Virtually every other organization that creates All-Conference teams release them immediately after the regular season. I'm guessing they wait to publish it because they are trying to fill up the 8-month off season. As expected, Shonn Greene was the Offensive Player of the Year in the Big 10. I naturally expected James Laurinaitis to get Defensive Player of the Year since he has received that honor by most publications. I've always thought Laurinaitis was a bit over-rated. I think he gets a pass because his father was a pro wrestler and because his last name sounds like a disease you could catch from a toilet seat in Tijuana.
The guys at collegefootballnews.com surprised me by naming Mitch King the Defensive Player of the Year. They also named him the 3rd best player in the Big 10, regardless of position (following Shonn Greene and Javon Ringer). Here's the link to the story http://cfn.scout.com/2/829441.html
On a side note, I wish I was over-rated. I think being over-rated can be directly linked to being over-paid, which is never a bad thing. So effective immediately, I'm changing my last name to smallpox and I'm going to talk my father about professional wrestling.
Cy-Hawk Football Extended
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment