Halloween was a big deal for me when I was a kid. I lived out in the sticks, so on Halloween we would drive into the nearest small town and make it our purpose to trick-or-treat at every house in town. Not that it was too difficult since this was a really small town. The difficult part was creating a costume as my parents were too frugal (cheap) to purchase costumes. We would hunt around the house for old cloths and try to come up with something creative. I typically failed miserably, as being visually creative is not my strong suit. .
One particular Halloween we ventured into an apartment building. Actually, in a town this size it was the only apartment building. We knocked on the first door and a guy in his early twenties answered. He was obviously not expecting trick-or-treaters as he had no candy. He invited us in (and we obliged because we were dumb country folk) while he rummaged through his refrigerator. The closest thing he could find to candy was a couple pieces of cheese. We left the apartment building and headed toward the next house when it dawned on us that we would have a lot of questions to answer if we came home with sliced cheese. The obvious solution would have been to throw the cheese in the nearest bush, but instead we decided to destroy the evidence by eating it. Sometimes I'm amazed I lived to adulthood. page
Cy-Hawk Football Extended
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment