Monday, December 8, 2008

Vegas trip report-Day 5

Day 5: Leaving Las Vegas

We caught a shuttle before 5am and got the airport in plenty of time. I went to check in at the kiosk only to realize I didn’t have my driver’s license. I searched frantically through all of my pockets but I knew I wasn’t going to find it.

I always keep it in my wallet, so when it wasn’t there I knew I had left it somewhere. The attendant at the counter was very nice and said I’d have to go through the special screening at security. I assumed this meant “full body cavity search,” so I prepared myself for the worst. I got through security faster than my wife and I was only slightly violated. I had been racking my brain as to where my license was and eventually I determined it was probably at Excalibur as I used it when I registered for a spot at the poker table. I called Excalibur when I got home and, sure enough, they had it. I also mentioned they can probably take me off the wait list for a $2/$4 table.

No comments: