Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Go, Diego, Go!

Next up on the continuing review of children's programming is Go, Diego, Go! Go, Diego, Go! is a spinoff of Dora the Explorer (also a crappy cartoon) as Diego is the half-wit cousin of Dora. He is almost always running and his companion is a baby jaguar. This has led me to believe he is probably an illegal immigrant and is being chased by the INS.

The baby jaguar is a bit baffling also. Who, outside of Micheal Jackson, would own a baby jaguar? Diego's schtik is (surprisingly) saving animals in danger. And then eating them. Ok, so he doesn't eat them as that would make the show watchable.
At this point I have to confess I didn't watch much of this show. I saw the opening credits, him running around with a baby jaguar saving animals, and that's all it took for me to form my opinion. You could say I didn't give Diego much of a chance, but what do you expect? I was suffering from something between radiation sickness and the black death so I think I should be allowed to jump to conclusions.

No comments: