Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 6: The gales of November came early

Ok, so the gales of November weren’t really early since our cruise was in November. However, it was really windy and I’ll take any chance I get to quote Gordon Lightfoot’s “The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.” Cozumel back to Mobile was rough enough that the staff hung up barf bags around the common area, especially by the elevators. As I had been doing the entire trip, I continued to self-medicate to fend off motion sickness. I was fairly successful at this. We spent a good portion of the day on the deck enjoying our last full day of warm weather until June. We took in one of the below-average production shows that night. Maybe I expect too much, but I think a cruise ship should be able to do better than a junior high talent show. The girls said good-bye to the friend they had made and exchanged addresses with her. They had lost the address by the time we got home and we haven’t seen any mail from her. So go vacation friendships. We went to bed early and plotted out how we were going to get up early, grab breakfast and be ready to disembark the second our floor was called. At least that was my plan.

No comments: