This movie is almost indefensible. On the surface, it would appear there is no reason I would waste any time watching When Harry Met Sally. It has no car chases, it's not terribly funny (just like every other romantic comedy), and there is zero nudity. It might be the gold standard of chick flicks. So why in the hell do I watch it?
I did a lot of soul searching about this one. Sure, I like Billy Crystal but there are an awful lot of his movies that I have no interest in. Exhibit A-City Slickers 2. In the end, I think there is only one reason I like this movie. Meg Ryan. She looks fantastic in this movie. So why did she choose to go full frontal nudity in that crappy movie "In the Cut" while dressing almost nunlike in When Harry Met Sally? By the time she did "In the Cut" she'd had entirely too much plastic surgery and looked like she belonged in a freak show. Seriously, if she'd allow herself to age gracefully she'd still look good. Now she frightens small children.
Hopefully admitting my crush on 30-year-old Meg Ryan allows me to keep my man card despite liking "When Harry Met Sally."
Cy-Hawk Football Extended
7 years ago
1 comment:
I think I would point to the "Pervert's Guide to Watch Repair" rather than putting forward a defense of an indefensible position in an attempt to justify keeping your man card following this post. Since you say Meg Ryan dressed nun like, (I have never seen this movie) your arguement seems to infer your crush on Meg Ryan is more than skin deep, so much so that it overcomes the terribleness of the movie. This only provides further evidence you should exchange your man card for a discount card for feminine products.
Signed - formerly you little brother, now I just don't know.
Post a Comment