Sunday, July 19, 2009

Catching up

I'll admit it, I've been a delinquent blogger lately. I'm busy at work due to budget season and the summer class I'm taking is fairly time consuming. It involves running a fake company through a simulation. Every week we have to make decisions on investing, brands, sales channels, production, advertising, etc. I've enjoyed the class and we're coming to the end of the simulation. We're in first place (it's also a competition among 4 teams) and as long as the engineers in my group don't come up with too many more ridiculous ideas we should win.

So here's the rundown of what's gone on since I left you slightly aroused after my visit to the watch repair hottie.
-We took a family trip to Adventureland with a group of 12. We had a great time, and anytime you leave there without motion sickness it's a victory.
-My wife picked up my newly repaired watch. She reads this blog also.
-I got bit by a dog. I won't go into great detail as there is nothing terribly funny about it. I also don't want to turn this into a rant about people not controlling their pets.
-I got a tetanus shot due to the bullet point above.
-I went to my hometown county fair. Two of my nephews show animals and I've been meaning to get there for several years but never made it. The fair tried a new marketing ploy this year. They raised the price for adult admission, charged only $1 for kids under 11, and let the kids ride the rides for free. I determined there is a downside to this. It's really hard to drag the kids away from free rides. If I had to pay, I would have told them ahead of time how many rides they would get to go on and we would go home when they were done. And since they know I'm cheap, they wouldn't have fought it. Instead, I was there from 10am to 8:30pm. At least some things never change. The carnies are still several teeth short of a full set and a few bricks short of a load. They still have all the typical carnie games, although the prizes have changed. We used to win a a goldfish if we could throw a ping pong ball into one of the tiny fishbowls. Now they award you a blowup fish with mouth that strongly resembles a part of the female anatomy. Not to give it away, but the part I'm referring to rhymes with angina. I think I like the blowup fish better than the real one. And yes, I've been waiting this entire post to get to mention the fish.
-One final tidbit. My middle child lost a tooth yesterday. She put it under her pillow in her room, but she slept on the floor of the family room with a friend. The tooth fairy didn't visit last night, but I have to give Abby credit for trying. She tried to fool the tooth fairy into thinking she was in bed by putting some pillows under the covers in the shape of her body.

No comments: