As expected, the next morning dawned with me residing in Hangovertown. It wasn’t the type of hangover I could kill with ibuprofen, I was going to have to wait this one out. I was on a strict water diet for the morning. Shortly before noon the F’s came to our room and we headed down to the pool. They didn’t appear to be nearly as hung over as I was, even though they were out later the night before. They said Coyote Ugly sucked (big surprise) but Rok was decent. Mr. F thought he was still drunk from the night before, which is probably the only reason he wasn’t hung over.
I laid by the pool for awhile and started to feel better. After letting my stomach settle for an hour before deciding I needed something to eat and the food at the pool wasn’t a good idea. I set off down the strip after checking if I’d won any sports bets from the previous day (I hadn’t) and decided I could handle Subway. I ate half there, the other half while watching the fountains at Bellagio, and I was feeling better. My next stop was Ceasar’s as a friend had asked me to place a sports bet and the odds were better there than NYNY. I played some video poker there, won a little, and headed back to the hotel. I was feeling pretty sure I needed a nap.
I slept for maybe 30 minutes before the wife came back from the pool. The F’s had set off down the strip already and were going to call us when they wanted to meet up. Shortly after the wife arrived, the F’s called from Hawaiian Tropic. We met up with them there and despite the amount of alcohol they had consumed in the previous 2 days, they weren’t done yet. Apparently, they needed to celebrate the purchase of the Louis Vuitton bag. I thought I was done so I stuck with water. We hung out there for awhile before continuing north on the strip. We grabbed some cheap Corona from Bill’s and decided on Margaritaville for dinner. I gave in to peer pressure and had a better than average margarita with the mountain of nachos we ordered. The nachos were decent, but nothing spectacular. The only impressive attribute was their size. The wife and I split the nachos (with plenty left over) while the F’s each had something in the salad family.
We went back to the hotel and turned in early as we had booked a 7:30AM flight.
The flight home was quiet, as early flights from Las Vegas typically are. The group of party girls were on the flight and it appeared they had partied themselves out. One of them had a very unfortunate sunburn on half of her face. My guess is she fell asleep/passed out in the sun on Sunday. Mr. F finally sobered up on the flight home, which is good since he drove to the airport.
Cy-Hawk Football Extended
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment