I found Captain Ron’s Awesome Everglades Adventures after a little searching and it looked right up our ally. We have a guide taking us through the 10,000 islands (I have to trust them as that was a few more than I wanted to count). It’s a little pricey at $210 for two hours, but I’m the type that’ll spend a little extra to do something that I don’t normally get to do.
On the “was it worth it?” scale I’d give it a 7 out of 10. The guides took some time training us how to operate the wave runners and they were great at spotting wildlife. There were four wave runners in our group and I was the only one with passengers. The other 3 were a couple in their 50’s and their 20-something son with unfortunate facial hair. The wife in the group had a bit of a lead foot (or finger) so she and I took turns following the guide while the other two guys brought up the rear. In between finding dolphins and manatee we could let the jet skis rip. The website said they normally go about 20 MPH on the tour. Thankfully that was a lie. In between checking out the wildlife we were going full throttle, which on these Waverunners was about 40 MPH. We weren’t setting any speed records, but it was a lot of fun. They also gave us a cd of pictures, I’m attaching a few. You’ll see what I mean about the unfortunate facial hair.
No comments:
Post a Comment