My eldest daughter got beat up again yesterday. I think we've raised a good kid, but apparently she provokes others. That's the only explanation I have for the regularity of the ass-kickings. A better parent would insert themself into the situation and call the kids parents, the school, law enforcement, etc.
The problem is I don't think it would do any good. After all, who do you call when your kid is getting beat up by inanimate objects. Last night was a perfect example. She was playing with a play dance bar (at least I think that's what it's called, it looks like a track hurdle to me) and everything was fine. The next thing I know, I hear a thump and when I turn around she's getting pinned by the dance bar.
I realize a lot of kids are clumsy. I'm not exactly graceful, but I have never witnessed anyone get beat up that often by furniture. At some point, I expect her to retaliate. Isn't that how bullying works? The big kid picks on the little kid until finally the little kid has enough and goes midievel on the big kid. One of these days I'm hoping to come home and see her kicking the crap out of our sectional.
Cy-Hawk Football Extended
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment